One Word – Abide
What does it mean to abide?Always Be In Direct Exposure
James 4:8 – Draw near to God and He will draw near to you
What is drawing near to God? It is developing intimacy, being completely vulnerable and real with God. We benefit from this!
So how do we abide?
- Through Prayer – 2 Thessalonians 5:17 – what does prayer do?
- Prayer Expresses Emotion – Psalm 142:6 (NLT) – David says “hear my cry, for I am very low.” We can express emotion on good days and bad days, but be sure to always give God praise
- Prayer Creates intimacy – what is intimacy – in to me see – being vulnerable with each other – God designed us intimately (see Psalm 139)
- Prayer Presents needs (see Philippians 4:6-7) – you can ask God for things – He wants you to ask Him for things
This passage of scripture gives us a great template for prayer
- Don’t worry about anything – attitude of faith, expectancy
- With thanksgiving – thank God for the expected outcome
- Present your requests to God, ask for what you want
- Result – the peace of God will guard you
- Releases worry
- Matthew 11:28-30 says it all- “Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves.For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28
This is a time where we should be as focused as ever on our prayer lives, and spending time with God. Be blessed as you develop intimacy with your Heavenly Father!